- Brand: Harper Collins Publishers Ltd
- Sku: SK32186UK
- Availability: In Stock
✔️Highlighting, editing, saving and printing are available
✔️The same content as in a hardcover book
✔️Search for words within the text
✔️For any PDF file viewers and devices
How to download
Register on this website and pay for your selected book.
After you have paid, go to "My Account"-"Downloads" section. There you will see a PDF file. Download and open it. It contains a link to download your book. Click on the link and download your book.
You can send us a message that you want to receive the book to your e-mail, and a link to download the book will also be sent to your e-mail.
About the book:
Publisher: Harper Collins Publishers Ltd
Author (s): Shareen Wilkinson
Size: 3 Mb
The flashcards are split into two sets:
The flashcards cover all the common exception words that your child will be taught to read and spell in Years 1 and 2 (Key Stage 1).
Some of the Year 2 words are only exceptions in some accents, e.g. past and bath are not exceptions in accents where the a is pronounced /æ/, as in cat.
What to do:
1. Hold up each card in turn. Read the phrase or sentence pointing to each word in turn.
Then point to the word to be learned and say it again.
2. If appropriate, point out the tricky part of the word (where the letters do not correspond with the sounds that your child knows), e.g. the ai in said.
3. Read the common exception word and ask your child to repeat it.
4. Ask your child to use their sounds (Year 1) or spelling knowledge (Year 2) to read the whole sentence or phrase.
There are no reviews for this product.